Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 5

June 22, 12

Today I went for a hike with my sister at the Black Diamond Mine Regional Preserve in Antioch. We've hiked here before, but our usual trail doesn't give us a view of Mt. D so we tried a different route. At the top of our trail I realized I needed to get even higher to see the mountain. There was a small trail up a huge, monster hill that took me about 30 mins to get up. When I thought I reached the top I realized there was yet another hill to go up. I was starting to get a little frustrated, but I turned around, and there she was! It made me laugh that here I was hiking this huge hill to find the mountain and it was right behind me the whole entire time.

It was worth it though :)




Here were some of the other views from the top of the hill:

And we also ran into this guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment